Recurring Dog Ear Infections
What’s that smell? Is a strong odor coming from your fur baby’s ears? Canine ear infections are common and often caused by yeast overgrowth in the microbiome. Recurring dog ear infections can become stressful and overwhelming for pet parents to deal with on a regular basis. The good news is, there are holistic options that provide excellent results.
Causes of Canine Ear Infections
- Underactive Thyroid Gland
- Foreign objects in the ear such as plant seeds
Symptoms and Signs Your Dog has an Ear Infection
- Bloody, yellow or brown discharge
- Strong odor in the ear
- Excessive of the ear
- Hair loss around the ear
- Loss of balance
- Hearing loss
- Excessive head shaking or head tilting
- Eye movements that are unusual
- Rubbing the infected ear on the furniture, floor or any surface
Yeast is the Most Common Cause of Canine Ear Infections
As a pawrent that regularly deals with your dog’s recurring ear infections, you will be surprised to know the common culprit is yeast, also known as Malassezia. This type of yeast naturally lives in the ears and on the skin of dogs. When the yeast is in harmony it plays an important role in maintaining health but when it’s unbalanced overgrowth happens and infection develops.
Stabilizing the Microbiome takes Time
Stabilizing the microbiome is essential to recover but it takes time. Standard treatment using conventional ointment helps kill the yeast and bacteria but often results in recurring infections. Canine ear infections are naturally preventable and a common sign of yeast overgrowth.
Here are three natural ways to prevent canine ear infections:
- Clean ears regularly – Keep your dog’s ears clean by using a natural solution and a gentle touch. Many ear infections develop due to harsh ear cleaning techniques that damage the inner ear. Always carefully and gently clean your dog’s ears to remove wax buildup, debris, and dirt.
- Feed your dog a healthy diet – Grain-based, highly processed commercial dog food that contains soy, rice, wheat, and sugar contribute to the development of canine ear infections. Provide your dog with a well balanced nutritious diet for overall optimal health.
- Avoid allergens – Many dogs develop chronic ear infections because they are consistently exposed to allergens. Common allergens are food, chemicals, shampoos, flea repellent, pesticides, and plants. If you are able to determine the cause of your dog’s allergen remove it from your dog’s environment.
Helpful Supplements for Dogs with Recurring Ear Infections
The Merck Veterinary Manual says, “Fiber provides good fecal quality without affecting nutrient digestibility.” Fiber is an essential part of canine diets and is responsible for keeping the digestive system running smoothly. Bernie’s Perfect Poop is an all-natural grain-free and gluten-free supplement that supercharges your dog’s digestive system and helps prevent chronic ear infections. The supplement contains miscanthus grass, flaxseed, and pumpkin for optimal gut health. You can depend on Bernie’s Perfect Poop to help your dog maintain a healthy gut and balanced yeast levels to prevent ear infections.
Bernie’s DiArrhea Thoughts
Hey guys! Bernie here to let you know ear infections are nothing to be ashamed of because it happens to all of us! A stinky, painful ear infection is usually experienced at least once in a lifetime for every pup. However, the important thing is to let your pawrents know you are in pain by showing them signs such as rubbing your ears on the floor or furniture or scratching your ears super fast every day!
My pawrents created a yummy supplement for me that helped me with my tummy troubles but also it helps keep ear infections away! I’m a proud dude that confidently walks around without worrying about ear infections or tummy issues. The yummy supplement treats my pawrents hide in my food bowl every day is all I need to feel great!
You can feel great too and keep your ear infections away when you try Bernie’s Perfect Poop!
Poop smarter, not harder furry friends!
Until next time,